The Master of Science in Islamic Finance offers students a thorough understanding of Sharia rules and the teachings of Islam as they relate to finance and economics. The program is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills required to contribute to scholarship and practice in the fields of both finance and Islamic finance. This is based on the belief that proper application of Sharia rulings necessitates a sound understanding of the finance literature and of modern financial transactions and instruments. Graduates will be adept at interacting with the global financial system and at proposing viable alternatives to existing models and approaches.
- To enable graduates to articulate and apply Islamic finance theories and adopt the Sharia principles, rulings, and best practices to their organization.
- To enable graduates to engage in business and Islamic financial services activities with the Islamic finance professionals and practitioners in the community.
- To enable graduates to formulate, communicate, and implement strategic thinking processes involving cross-cultural communication and sensitivity to the needs of different cultures.
- Objectives of Sharia (Maqasid Al Sharia)
- Islamic Capital Markets and Institutions
- Islamic Financial Contracts
- Accounting and Auditing
- Islamic Banking and Finance: Theory and Practice
- Legal and Regulatory Issues in Islamic Banking and Finance
- Islamic Economics: Theory and Practice
- Research Methods: Quantitative and Qualitative Techniques
- Governance of Financial Institutions
- Financial Sector Development Policies
- Risk Management in Islamic Finance
- Marketing and behavioral Finance
- Asset Management
- Financial Engineering from an Islamic Perspective
- Strategic Management in Islamic Finance
- Insurance and Takaful
- Selected Topics in Islamic Finance
To register your interest in our Masters of Science in Islamic Finance degree, please complete the form below.
Please click this link if you wish to express an interest in a LIAS Department or one of its programmes.